GET TO KNOW ME MEME: [3/5] movies » The Princess Bride (1987)
"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Pepper Potts + Iron Man 1 Lines
I would like a vodka martini, please. Very dry, with olives. A lot of olives. Like, at least three olives.
“Who, me?” Claire attempts to look innocent, even if she falls slightly short of the mark. ”I keep saying trouble finds me, but no one seems to believe that.”
CLAIRE PETRELLI AU
- nathan’s in the navy so initially raised by angela and arthur alongside pre-teen peter
- peter is SO EXCITED to be an uncle and watches her all the time(“peter, we have nannies to do that”)
- angela dotes on her because arthur’s the mastermind at the moment and she doesn’t have any daughters and she misses alice
- nathan finally gets out of the navy and claire is seven years old when they finally start living together; he gives her piggy-back rides and makes airplane noises and she tells him that flying is so cool!
- a year later heidi and nathan get married and claire is the flower girl
- peter going to college the same year and claire loses her best friend; she starts trying to socialize with her classmates at the private school
- simon and monty are born just when claire starts hitting puberty and she did not need to think about where those babies came from
- nathan (unsuccessfully) tries to divert her initial interest in cheerleading to training for the olympics as a gymnast and never goes to a single game; heidi always does her hair and makeup before
- claire finally tells peter, “liberal hippie uncle peter” that she thinks she likes girls too, and he hugs her and tells her that she can come over whenever she needs to get away from the rest of their family’s politics
- claire is with nathan and heidi during the car crash; she doesn’t understand what happened; the doctors tell nathan that there’s an angel looking out for his daughter because of how she recovered so quickly
- her powers manifest in full and she hides them and is terrified that a reporter will find out, not just because of how it will impact her father’s career and her own safety, but because she feels irrational guilt over heidi’s paralysis when she can heal from any injury
- and UNCLE PETER, “immature” uncle peter who always supports her, is the first person she tells about her ability–and she almost cries when he shows her that he can heal, too, that nathan was lying about a failed suicide attempt and he shows her a book by a doctor suresh who lives in new york…